Ayurvedic Head and Face Massage
Ayurvedic medicine is one of the world's oldest medical systems and remains one of India's traditional health care systems.
Today's hectic lifestyle, with an abundance of information via the internet and other channels, makes our nervous system overloaded, often with stress and fatigue as a result. Regular massage of the face, head and shoulders relaxes tense muscles and invites the mind to stillness.
The treatment contributes to:
- reduction of tension on the upper body
- increase circulation to and from the head and purge of slag products
- counteracting headaches and migraines
- reduce stress and anxiety
- stimulate the central nervous system through vital energy points known as marma points.
What can I expect from this therapy?
Western massage is different from Ayurvedic massage. It contains both soft, relaxing movements and small brisk movements.
I will use plenty of oil in the treatment. The oil is organic without preservatives and it is healthy and cleansing both for the hair and skin. Since your hair becomes oily, it is a good idea to bring a hat/cap or the opportunity to put your hair up after treatment. For those who don't want to use oil, I'm going to use water instead.
It is important that you inform me of any aces in your body (e.g. neck, herniated disk) so that I can adapt the treatment accordingly. I don't treat clients with acute physical problems or fever.
The massage contains four different steps:
- Massage of head, shoulders and back. The client sits on the chair.
- Relaxation and light stretching of legs, arms and head. The client changes from sitting on the chair to lying on the treatment bench.
- Facial massage
After the massage:
The client feels relaxed and sometimes dizzy. I do not recommend any physically demanding activities 1-2 hours after treatment. Because we stimulate blood circulation, any detox/ purge effects may occur (fatigue, headache, cold symptoms). It is therefore important to rest the body as well as drink extra water. These symptoms do not persist for long and they are a good sign that your body is clearing slag products.
Feel free to leave the oil on for a while before washing your hair. When washing, apply plenty of shampoo before soaking your hair with water. Then wash as usual.